With the holidays just around the corner, now is the perfect time to start thinking about how you want to dress up your nails. If you’re looking for something more festive than your usual manicure, why try a gold foil nail style? This fun and shiny nail art are surprisingly easy to do at home, and it’s sure to make your nails stand out. Here’s everything you need to know about creating this look.
Get the glamorous gold foil nail look at home
Start by prepping your nails with a gentle buff and clear base coat to create a smooth base for the foil design. Then, choose a nail polish or gel color that will work as an excellent background for the gold foil accents. Once you have chosen the perfect color, apply two thin coats of it to each nail and let them dry completely.
Take some adhesive glue and spread a small amount on each nail using the back of an old credit card or tweezers. Be sure only to apply enough glue so that it can be covered by one piece of gold leaf at most. Work quickly before the glue dries, then place pieces of gold leaf over top and gently press them onto the surface until the entire nail is covered. Next, use a small paintbrush to help push the gold leaf into the edges and corners of your nails.
Once you have finished each nail, seal in the golden look using a clear top coat or gel polish. Finish off with some cuticle oil and enjoy your beautiful new manicure! With this at-home technique, you can get an extravagant salon-style look without spending a fortune. So go ahead and show off your glamorous gold foil nails in style!
Gold foil nail designs that will make you stand out
Gold foil nail designs can be extremely eye-catching and glamorous. Gold foil can add that extra sparkle to your nails, whether for a subtle look or an over-the-top glamour. Gold is also a great way to draw attention to any special occasion, such as weddings, proms or other formal events. Here are some of the best gold foil nail designs around:
- Glittery Gold Foil Nails – For those who want their nails to glitter like gold dust, these glittery gold foil nails are perfect. Apply glitter nail polish on top of a base coat, and then use thin pieces of gold leafing paper for added pizzazz.
- Delicate Floral Design – For a delicate look, go for this floral gold foil design. Start by painting the base color and then add small pieces of gold leaf to create beautiful flower shapes.
- Geometric Design – Geometric designs are always fashionable, so why not try them out with your nails? Create interesting patterns using different sizes and shapes of gold foil pieces.
- Chevron Stripes – If you want something simple yet stylish, chevron stripes can be easily created with gold nail foils. Paint a base of any color you like, and then use strips of gold foil to make chevron stripes across your nails.
- Half Moons – Half moons are very popular right now, and they look great with gold nail foils. Paint a base color and then use thin pieces of gold foil to create the half moons on your nails.
Gold foil nail designs are definitely eye-catching and glamorous. Gold can add that extra sparkle to your nails, whether for a subtle look or an over-the-top glamour. Try out one of these designs today!